Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

4.10.2008

Happy Thursday

Today has been a repeat of the last few days, catching up on emails, downloading/editing/sorting images, and trying to catch and extinguish that little office-closet-monster who keeps messing up my entire space with garbage, junkmail, and miscellaneous papers, empty starbucks cups, candy boxes, and everything else. One day, I will nab that little sucker. Mark my words. :)

I am so eager to post some recent images...so be on the lookout and check back often! Thanks so much for taking the time to hang out here.

On a personal note, I am so blessed to wake up each and every morning next to my high school sweetheart, and my little red headed 2 year old, who somehow through the night, has ended up with his two little beautiful feet resting on my head. The coolest thing in the world, really, is to open my eyes and find JK looking at my face saying "Daddee, Daddee..." and taking out his binkie to give me a good morning kiss. ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. Nothing else to say. Wow.

Of course, by now you know that there are three major aspects of my life: The Lord & his love for us, my treasured wife & son, and my wonderful clients/friends. You guys make my life full and rich, and I am so thankful for you. No fluff here, just the hardcore truth. Thank you for allowing me to share my life with you. Yay!

So now for a question of the day (when posted): What is your favorite coffee shop, and why? You may not already know this, but one of my aspirations is to open my own coffee house, withmy studio next door. But not just another coffee shop just to have one. (It seems they keep popping up everywhere!) Why do those who open one actually open one? What's their motivation? Hmmm...maybe I'm pondering too much on this, so I digress. The vision for mine is one that, in order to fully appreciate, has to be explained in person with my enthusiasm, excitement, and passion. If you're in town, call me. I'd be happy to explain.

I have to run and move my car before I get another parking ticket here in Monterey. Happy Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am on the same page w/ the coffee shop - that is my passion to open one someday...my reasoning? It's all about relationships and what better way to be encouraging/encouraged than over a cup of coffee or visiting w/ your favorite barista? :) I love it!! I worked at a Christian coffee shop in college, which was my fav...and I think I miss it every day. Good luck - I will be a regular at your coffee shop if you open around here.