Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

4.28.2008

The Photoshop thang...

Hey, before I run, I wanted to say something real briefly about Photoshop. I have never ran across a more robust piece of software! I am loving learning how to do great things with it. It is such a great tool, but should remain just that: A tool. Way too many photographers are "praying and spraying" (old law enforcement term) and relying heavily on fixing the images afterwards in PS. Although there's a time and a place for it, I don't think PS should be treated like that. Maybe I'm off a little, and maybe I won't achieve those same looks all of the time, but I want the images that I shoot to be timeless, and fun to look back on 50 years from now without it looking like an obvious trend of the times. My mindset is that the image should not only look fantastic, but equally important should bring you back to that time. (More later...) The effects are fun, and look wonderful. But I have chosen to only pick a handful of images to put the MSP/PS touch on, and remain on the path to produce quality images of art that are natural. Now...that said, I do know how to have fun, and today I played around (a little way too much!), but check out this cool pic. I think it always comes down to, as with so many things, that fun word called "balance". Just my two very quick cents...Have fun.

No comments: