Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

11.26.2008

WEEK 13!

Okay, so as y'all know, my gorgeous bride is pregnant with our second child, and is thankfully just about out of the first trimester! When we were pregnant with Judah I did not have a blog, but made a chintzy website (which is now gone) to keep our family and friends updated. But the times are a changin, and I'll be posting the updates here! So, to kick things off, here's a little status update (courtesy of AmericanBaby.com). We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet, but I'll refer to him as a boy...for now. :)

  • Our little baby now weighs about 1/2 ounce and is between 2.5 and 3 inches in length. His digestive tract continues to develop as tiny villi (hairs) form inside the intestines. These villi will help move food through it's digestive tract. The pancreas has begun producing insulin, and all 20 teeth buds have formed inside his mouth. But of course, the teeth aren't visible yet.
  • At the end of this week, our baby officially enters the second trimester of development. His eyes have moved from the sides of his head (Weird!) to the front, and his ears are in their normal position. He's also got reflexes--if you prod him, he'll squirm (although Gina still won't feel it), and his hands and feet respond to stimuli by closing or clenching.
  • The ultrasound pics...coming as soon as my scanner is fixed. :)

No comments: