Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

12.26.2007

Dawn & Nathan


I had the opportunity to photograph my good friends Nathan & Dawn for their Christmas Photos earlier this month. (This season has been such a blast, but has come and gone so fast...beyond the cliche!) We had a great time shooting down at the Fisherman's Wharf here in Monterey, and ended up with some beautiful shots of the two of them. Even the Pelicans wanted in on the happenings. Dawn and Nathan = genuine. How else can I describe them? :) Thanks guys, I enjoy our friendship tremendously!








If you haven't been to Monterey in a while, you really should take a break and come visit! The wharf is a great place to let the creamy clam chowder warm you up from the famous marine layer here on the bay. Of course, the area is so freekin beautiful, especially on a sunny day! Wow, do I have images coming up in the next few posts that'll get ya good. I love having my studio in the heart of downtown Old Monterey of nothing else but for the community and fabulous places to shoot...around every corner! From alley ways to parking garages to cobblestone walkways lined with trees, to the awesome beaches and rocks and marine sanctuaries, and down to Cannery Row! Of course, I can always drive just a few minutes to the incredible downtown Ocean Street of Carmel by the Sea to Carmel Highlands and more! What I've come to appreciate is the beauty in virtually every situation and location...you just need to see it. Sometimes we need to change our perspectives. :)

No comments: