Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

1.24.2008

Brides Galore...and more.



Hi all. I've been excited to be a part of a few exclusive bridal shows in the area the last two weeks. The first was in Gilroy at the Hilton Hotel, and was a pleasure to have a more intimate show. I got to meet some very cool brides and vendors! The second was in Monterey at the Portola Plaza Hotel/Monterey Conference Center. "A Day to Remember" was the theme. This one was over 100 vendors, and lots of engaged couples. So my approach was the same as my everyday approach - Professional but Real and down-to-earth. I know how overwhelming it can be for a bride (and even other vendors) when there's so much external stimuli. It can be exhausting. Thus, my booth. :) I custom built a great backdrop frame with painted corrugated panels on a steel frame with a 47" LCD screen, Rockstar Drinks, a Cappuccino Machine, and comfortable chairs! Come on in and take a breather! (The picture doesn't do it justice). The attempt is to create an experience...a little taste of what kind of service I offer to my clients. Could I have just done a little something to introduce myself to everyone? Sure. But that's not my style. I like to put myself into what I do. I figured, my booth should be a representation of ME, and my business. (I think the exclusive Chocolate Truffles finished it off nicely! Did you get one?) Thanks to the Alvarado Concept Salon and day Spa for the great kit of girly stuff! Shampoos, Lotions, soaps, and so forth. Boy did they smell good...and all were Aveda brands! Wow...

I don't like to do a whole lot of bridal shows, but this was a blast! I wish all you brides a great time planning your special day, and ultimately the most fantastic special day of all! Let me know if we can help out on your day.

To you vendors out there, it was also a pleasure meeting with you and I look forward to our working relationship!

I took some wonderful fashion show pictures from the various wedding boutiques, and will post some photos in the coming week. Keep an eye out! If you are one of those boutiques, please be sure to give me a call to get those images...

Hope you all are doing well. It's been raining here for days, but thank God for the rain. It makes the sunshine so much more beautiful.

No comments: