Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

1.31.2008

Sunrise


So the other day I was driving to work early and noticed something spectacular. Something that we too often take for granted, or, if you're like me, rarely get to see. I walked out of the house on our ranch and began to take it in... The New Day. The sun was just about to rise on over the hills, and I could see the fresh morning light reflecting off of the clouds. It's been raining here like crazy for the last 2 weeks or so, but the rain stopped just enough to enjoy a breath of crisp, fresh country air. Then on the drive out, in my rear view mirror I saw the sunrise, simple yet so powerful. My cheap phone camera was all I had, but here is the image I got through the back of my truck window. Just enough to help visualize, ya know? I had to stop (mentally) and soak it up. It was then that I was reminded about a verse, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness!" (Lam.3:22-23) God's mercy is new every morning...wow. Have a great day!

No comments: