Welcome to Mike's Tangents...

Hello there! Welcome to my blog. This online journal covers both professional and personal notes, thoughts, aspirations, questions, and whatever else is going on inside my head and heart, and is intended for you to get to know me just a bit more. Please enjoy, & be sure to visit my website for more info. Thanks for swinging by, & enjoy the tangents...

3.12.2008

George & JJ

Please allow me the pleasure to introduce to you George & JJ! They are getting married next month in southern California, and I am so excited to be their photographer. George and JJ have such a connection between them it's hard NOT to photograph it! We planned to shoot their engagement session here in Monterey, and it so happened that it was the one day of a storm. But, being the adventurous couple that they are, they braved the rain and made a sunny day out of it! Here are a few shots from Cannery Row and the Monterey Bay Aquarium.







Tech Note: It's always a challenge to shoot in an aquarium: you have very dark areas (lack of lighting) and the ever present GLASS. Being dark you have to pop a strobe, yet control the shutter speed to provide for adequate ambient light to fill the background. I dragged my shutter speed dangerously slow, but yet used the fill flash to freeze the beautiful couple (ISO 800, f/2.8 at 1/15th!). I could have bumped the shutter speed a bit higher, but it was crazy dark in there. Nonetheless, the experience was a great time together, and that's what matters the most aside from great shots. Create the experience, be yourself, and have fun. Man, I can't wait for their awesome day!

No comments: